Monday, April 7, 2014

From Mourning to Joy Jeremiah 31

I am not a writer or blogger but I do like to share by heart from time to time.


Taking care of your spouse as they die is the hardest thing
in my life that I have ever done. Saying good bye to them as they go into the
hands of the Father is bitter sweet. Bitter for me but Sweet for them to be in
the presence of the Lord. For months you walk around in a haze, your exhausted to
a degree that is unexplainable, your memory (What memory) I don’t know if it’s
how your body deals with shock but you can remember the simplest things. I was
blessed to have a wonderful family and group of friends who have walked beside
of me and held my hand and provided a loving shoulder to cry on. Slowly but
surely the fog has begun to lift. There is guilt that comes as the fog lifts
because you think you shouldn’t feel happy…. but even with time that begins to
fade. The one we say goodbye to would never want us to stay sad.

Spring 2014 is a new day. As the flowers push through the
dirt to bloom so will I. Today is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and
be glad.

I am so grateful for the people in my life who have helped
me start living again. You know who you are, you are special beyond words and I
am honored to call you my friend.



He will turn your mourning into Joy . Jeremiah 31

No comments: