Grandmothers Bread Pudding Recipe
2 cups Evaporated Canned milk
1/2 cup butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups stale bread torn into small pieces
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1. In medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat canned milk just until film
forms over top (do not boil). Combine butter and milk, stirring until
butter is melted. Then let is set until it is Cool to lukewarm otherwise
it will scramble the eggs.
2. Combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Beat with an
electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add milk and egg
3. Place bread in a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
4. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Pour batter on top of bread.
5. Bake at 350 degrees on center rack for 45 to 50 minutes or until set.